Please have a little pity on poor ole me, stuck here at home with the four kids. I don't get out much or get a chance to talk on the phone without being interrupted several times. Heck, I don't even get to complete a thought...what was I saying? Oh ya, please have some pity on me.
My only "outlet" is this magical portal here that can transport me to other worlds beyond my four walls, crazy kids, and mooing cows, otherwise known as Franklin Township.
I must check my email (both Yahoo and AOL), Facebook, blog, and any other link several times a day. I long for adult interaction. I don't even want to mention what life is like when our Internet connection is down. Let's just say, "Have you ever heard the expression, 'If momma ain't happy...'?"
(OK, sorry, I had to step away for a minute...here I was typing away and all of a sudden I heard something not very common around here, SILENCE. Had to go see what the kids were into.)
Ok, back to ME...please write on my blog. I love to read what you have to say.
So class, for your first assignment, I would like for you to answer this question:
What do you have inscribed on your wedding rings?
John and I are coming upon Lucky Number Seven on Monday (our seventh anniversary, that is), so it's got me all nostalgic.
Answering this is assuming
1)you're married
2) you have wedding rings
3) you've had them inscribed
Just so no one feels left out, if the question doesn't pertain to you for whatever reason, you can answer what you would have inscribed.
I eagerly anticipate your answers....
Looking toward resurrection
7 years ago


10 comments:
Hi, Melanie!
Glad to have been found by you on Facebook. I can totally relate to your post here, although I can only claim 3 kids 5 and under... but I understand about that need for adult interaction and how blogs and email become just that.
Let's see... we've simply had our anniversary inscribed on our bands. Mike jokes it's so that he won't forget. :)
I'll be checking in.
--Jen Godzwa
Hi Melanie,
Let me say I TOTALLY understand the "portal to the outside world". When we were in Russia I lived for e-mails and often wondered how tired people got of my "books" I e-mailed out. One time they shut the phones off for a week (can you imagine???) and I was devastated. Anyway, on the wedding rings. We never had them engraved, but I think I would have put something like "From now until forever". I have been soooo discouraged with all the break-ups lately. I guess I just wish people would see marriage as a forever thing, instead of an until I'm bored thing. Sam and I just celebrated 13 years this month! And it's not all easy (he's in Russia for 2 weeks now!) but it's so worth it!
Yea...nothing here. LOL. We were REALLY poor when we got married, and we had to pay for our wedding ourselves. Needless to say everything was barebones!
Oh, yea. I am totally alone here too. I feel like a crab in a hole, peeking at the sunlight, but unable to step out into it. Josh works a lot, wierd hours, and he's on a softball league. I am alone with 5 kids A LOT. My vocabulary is now limited to words like, No, SAY MAMA!, and Please LORD... let Josh come home.
Yep. I am a part of this crazed mom-stuck-in-the-house-club. I am having a yardsale tomorrow and I am afraid that I won't remember how to speak grown-up.
Oh, and I agree with Cindy. It's sad to see all of the recent split's especially when they hit close to home (2 of our friends have recently divorced with tragic consequences for the children.) That said, I know Josh and I would have inscribed something tongue in cheek. That's just the way we are with each other....but it works.
Sorry bout the book. :)
You made me remember that I want a new ring. LOL.
Hi, Melanie. I enjoyed your posts on Rachel so much when you were on Caring Bridge, I keep tabs on you still now on your blog. I raised 4 kids, all about 2 yrs. apart and remember those days. So although I hesitated to jump in-decided to do my part for your need of adult conversation.
We have this engraved in our bands: "Intreat me not to leave you, or to return from following after you: for where you go, I will go: and where you lodge, I will lodge: your people shall be my people, and your God my God." It is very, very small! Well, actually, it's only the reference----Ruth 1:16. We're working on 39 yrs.now and all I can read of the inscription is 14K and part of an R. Oh well. Have a good day---Val's mom
thanks "Val's Mom"...love the reference. We used that in our marriage ceremony and John loves to remind me of it when I complain about living out here :)
Good thing it's just the reference otherwise, that'd be a mighty big ring!
I know there will come a day when I long for the noise and chaos of everyone at home, but some days, I long for just a little silence...
We have Ephesians 5 and 5-2-98 engraved inside our rings. We celebrated 10 years in May!
Melanie,
Darren and I didn't inscribe our rings, but my sister and her husband did...they read "To infinity and beyond". They first met while they were both in the management program at Disneyland in California.
HA love that! My kids are watching Toy Story even as we speak!
Hey, Melanie. I'm so glad that you asked me to be your friend on facebook (that sounds so elementary schoolish, but how else can it truly be worded?!). I was a silent watcher/prayer of your caringbridge site. I'm so glad that God has worked things out so much more wonderfully than we all could have imagined! He is good, isn't He?! Just the fact that He sticks by me even when I go days ignoring him (even my closest friends get annoyed if I haven't called/emailed in a few days!) is amazing to me.
Anyway, I have enjoyed your blog so far too. You have a wonderful talent for writing and entertaining your "audience!" As far as the rings...we didn't get our engraved, just got them as a matching set. Well, until this year (our 10th), I never wear gold anymore, so my gift from Dan was to get my stone reset in white gold and I got a new band too---so now we don't even match!! Kelsey, my oldest, was really worried that I wasn't going to be wearing my original band anymore, but I told her it was still special and tucked away in a special place :)
It's also funny that you posted some of your MOPS pictures because I was just in that room last night for the very first time for the MOPS council meeting! I met some wonderful ladies from your group.
Anyhow, I know you pop in at FAC every now and then, hopefully next time I'll get a chance to say hello. I think at least one, maybe two of our kids are close in age right? (Lauren 9/26/03 and Tucker 12/31/05)
Have a great day! Hope this gave you a bit of adult interaction!
Christy (Barnett)
HI Melanie,
Thanks for sending me your link. I had "You are my dream come true" engraved on my husband Brian's wedding ring. Your site is very inspirational - thanks for sharing your life with us. Also, please tell John I said "hello" - I use to work a couple cubicles from him at Lord but I just quit a week ago to be a stay-at-home mom. I'm due in less than 2 weeks with our first baby. Can't wait!
-Cori
Post a Comment