Well, today John and I celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary. Marrying John was, by far, the smartest thing I ever did in my life.Up to that point, I thought I would NEVER get married, that I would never find the right person. As the years went by, I saw more and more friends get married, each of them younger and younger. And I thought...I'm gonna have to get a cat, and I don't even like cats! (Please, NO offense to those with cats.)
Well, I moved back home and took a new job. I was the ONLY single person on staff, so I told the rest of the faculty that I needed a date! One kind heart took up the challenge and introduced John and me. Well, she tried...she kept trying to set it up, but I kept backing out.
We finally met and it was love at first sight...no, not really. Well, let's put it this way, John is SO lucky I married him. He didn't talk to me. (Still doesn't, but I kind of like the quiet.)
We met in September, started dating in December, got engaged in January and married in August. So, I've known most of you longer than I've known my husband.
John was always confident he'd get married.
He lived by the motto of his Grandpa Ralph...
The longer you wait to get married
the more likely you are to find the right one.
But if not,
the more likely you are to find the right one.
But if not,
at least you have less time to live with your mistake.
Ahh, truer words were never spoken.


1 comment:
I love the quote! What a funny but full of wisdom statement!
Post a Comment