Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Losing My Marbles

I am not going to lie to you: it's been a really rough couple of days. I have thought, several times, that I just can't do this... Josh has been sick and not sleeping. When he's awake, he's crying and not happy about anything. We have not been out of the house in days.

In the midst of that, Rachel is still trying to get into some kind of schedule. She is not sleeping through the night yet and seems to be cutting her night-time sleeping back every couple of nights. So, we are trying a new thing with her: big fat bottle, then bath, then bed. Seems to get her down ok, and she'll sleep a little longer, but she's still up once during the night.

All this to say, I have just about lost my marbles these last few days.

This afternoon, after a morning of nurturing and comforting, I finally had enough and put both Josh and Rachel in bed with the door shut. I could hear them crying, so I turned up my music louder. (I knew they weren't hurt or anything, so no hate mail!) It was for my their own safety that I put them down...well, wouldn't you know those two little stinkers are now peacefully asleep, just as I need to get them up and get Josh to the doctors.
I should never go to Vegas because I can never win!

1 comment:

Christa said...

ohhhh.....I have SO been there. Joel is the one who just gets me so upset that I start to cry. He screams LITERALLY like a pig being slaughtered.

That said, I really hope things have improved for you today. I get it. I really really do. I have 3 infants that are teething right now. Ugh. None of them are sleeping through the night yet, but the girls only wake once at 4am, and Joel wakes 2 times. Only 4 bottles total at night now. It used to be 9.

Nothing can make you lose your marbles faster than a screaming baby. (((HUGS)))