Saturday, August 2, 2008

An Ode

Since John and I are coming upon our seventh wedding anniversary, I thought I'd write an ode to John...Seven Reasons Why I Love Him

1) You let me sleep in on Saturday mornings and, sometimes, bring me breakfast in bed.

2) You never question any purchase I make or make me feel as if I'm wasting money.

3) You have always gotten up in the middle of the night for a child when asked (well, expect for that first time last week...)

4) You make me laugh (often at myself) like no one else can.

5) You are the best father I could ask for for my four children.

6) You eat my cooking even when it's a "don't-make-this-again" kind of meal.

7) You see the best in me, what I can be, rather than what I am.


This is a picture of us at our wedding. John is washing my feet. There's a story in the Bible of Jesus washing his disciples' feet, indicating that, though he was the leader, he would serve them to show his love for them. That's called a servant-leader. Since that day in this picture here, John has been that kind of leader for our home.

Psst...in honor of our anniversary, I added our song, I Need You (playing now).

1 comment:

Stange Family said...

glad you found such a good man! :)
(he was worth the wait, huh?!)