Friday, February 27, 2009

Motivation

So, we are working with Josh on potty-training. I think he will be the easiest to train, but it still takes work.
He is OBSESSED with superheroes, especially Spiderman. I told him that when he leaned to use the potty, no diapers, I would buy the movie for him. (Don't worry, we censor the bad parts.) For months we've been talking about no diapers, use potty, buying Spiderman. Ever time we go to the store, we look at the movie and talk about it.

I have tried putting him on the potty and putting underwear (Spiderman, of course!) on him, but to no avail.

Yesterday, I was at the store and they had Spiderman on sale. I bought it and thought that I would put it up for him to look at and be motivated. Well, I got home late (he was already in his jammies) and as soon as he saw the movie, he wanted to use the potty right then and there, to throw away his diaper!

This morning, he was the first one up, he ripped of his diaper, asking to sit on the potty. Guess where he is right now and what he's doing? You know where to find him for the rest of the day...

1 comment:

Dennis and Debbie Doughty said...

Good luck! I hope the motivation continues! I forwarded the post to Christine. With 3 boys, she has been in similar circumstances. I always check your site - even though I don't often leave a post. Thanks for the updates. Love Debbie