I did something today that I desperately needed to do: I took a long walk on our quiet country road.
It's been quite a week: today I met a lady with Spina Bifida. I really think she was trying to encourage me, but it had to opposite effect. I was so discouraged for Rachel after talking with her. Then there was the moron yesterday that almost ran over Josh. Or how about the old lady that completely cut me in line and then took forever to pay with a check. Or how about trying to go to the Y today, the first time in forever, and getting paged to babysitting after 30 minutes. (One hour, is that too much to ask, kids!!) Or how about the "kid" who spilled his juice all over my new shoes. Did I mention that it was red juice? UGH!!
So trying to capture the beauty and peace of today and life in the country, I took the kids on a long walk down our road. There's a gorgeous waterfall on our walk, and thanks to the recent rainfall, made for a flowing falls. Part of the walk took us through trees, and we heard the sounds of nothing but birds singing. Ahh, perfection.
I hear the baby crying now instead of taking her nap: maybe I'll have to go on another walk!
Looking toward resurrection
7 years ago


1 comment:
You must know in your heart, that the shoes, and the lady, and the work out cut short won't last in your mind's eye... but the moments with the kids down the road will remain with you till your last breath!
Steph
Post a Comment