I often wonder what the followers of Jesus thought as they watched Jesus die. On that devastating Friday so many years ago, they watched the one in whom they placed all their hope perish. I wonder how they could not help but feel all of their hopes perish with him?
See, we know the end of the story. We know about Sunday and the indescribable elation that they would feel. But, they had no idea that Sunday was coming.
In a very real sense, John and I can relate. On a Monday morning, all of our hope was destroyed when we were told that the baby I was carrying, Rachel, would not live. We were told that there was no hope.
Three days later, we went to Pittsburgh and the news we "dared not hope" was given to us. Rachel would live!! (And this precious miracle-girl is celebrating her first birthday next week!)
I cannot even begin to explain to you the elation we felt! I wanted to shout it to everyone I came across. "MY BABY WILL LIVE!"
My favorite part of the story (as of this past year) is imagining Jesus' friends coming to the tomb very early in the morning to perform some of the death rituals and finding, instead of a dead friend, a risen Savior, the very last thing they could have possibly imagined.
Friday was a devastating day for all involved, but without a devastating Friday, there can be no miraculous Sunday.
Rachel will have many needs throughout her life, but her greatest need has already been taken care of at the Cross, as has yours! Happy Easter!!
Looking toward resurrection
7 years ago


1 comment:
Great post Melanie!! Rachel is so sweet. What a blessing and precious life.
Post a Comment