I often look at my kids and try to see who they will be...both physically and in personality.
I think I have figured out which "one" is going to give me a run for my money. I hope that my four year old is going through a phase. I honestly can't remember if the oldest was like this or not, but I think that child #2 is going to be the one to put me over the edge when she's a teen.
Here's a little example of what I deal with everyday.
She is potty-trained, but every once in a while she has accidents. Well, we've tried every trick in the book to help her. I think that what happens is that she gets too involved in something and then waits too long to go and has an accident.
Well, yesterday we asked her several times if she had to go. No, no, no...
I was at the computer and my husband was at the dining room table doing work when the kid ran past to go upstairs (where the only bathroom is). As she climbed the stairs my husband asked her what was on her pants, why they were wet. She said, "Well...there's just water on my pants. Somebody spilled water on my pants." (Code for, "I had an accident" without taking the responsibility.)
Another time she asked me, "Is my toy in the other room or did a bear eat it?" I laughed and told her a bear ate it. She cried and cried. Wrong answer mom!
She will tell me over and over, "Give my sister a kiss." and when I finally do, she'll say to me, "Why you kissing my sister?"
I've already told you about how she tries to get out of nap/rest time: "God doesn't want us to sleep during the day. He wants us to sleep at night."
I am finding a lot more grays in my hair, and I have an idea where they are coming from!
Looking toward resurrection
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment